Shopping Cart
Total:

$0.00

Items:

0

Your cart is empty
Keep Shopping

Hearts criticise ‘irresponsible’ pitch invasion remarks


Hearts have hit out at “highly irresponsible” comments with “dangerous implications” about the Celtic Park pitch invasion, after Celtic boss Martin O’Neill dismissed claims the incident embarrassed Scottish football as “nonsense”.

Police Scotland are investigating after fans spilled on to the pitch to celebrate Callum Osmand’s 98th-minute goal, as Celtic beat Hearts 3-1 to win the Scottish Premiership.

Hearts players were confronted by some fans, and Celtic apologised to their opponents earlier this week after they were forced to make a quick exit from the stadium.

Celtic manager O’Neill said on Monday he disagreed that the events marred his side’s dramatic victory.

“We are aware of highly irresponsible comments made publicly this week, which appear to seek to defend those who entered the pitch on Saturday and undermine the gravity of the situation,” Hearts said in a statement. , external

“Those remarks carry dangerous implications, and we call upon the football authorities to ensure that this matter is addressed with the seriousness it demands, and with the full cooperation of all involved.”



Source link

0
Show Comments (0) Hide Comments (0)
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments